Monday, August 23, 2010

Home Accents

This continues to be my year of the table! Earlier in the spring, I fell in love with an utterly chic and petite Deco-Shanghai-style console table by Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams that I spied while flipping through an old issue of Elle Décor in my doctor’s waiting room. The colour was a rich carmine, just like the tube of Windsor & Newton gouache paint, and most importantly, it was only 10” deep, which made it a perfect fit for the end of my long hallway. But I had to be practical and reserve my decorating funds for more pressing renos, like the kitchen re-tiling. So, I waited. . . . And when I got wind of a flash, 60% off sale in July at the MGBW showroom in SoHo, I raced down and put my name on the waitlist for the console. It arrived a few weeks ago and, as I envisioned, the red pops beautifully against the charcoal grey wall. The lamp on the console table is by Jonathan Adler. It came with an utterly uninspiring white paper shade. So I swapped it with a bisque-coloured raw silk shade to soften the look.


While I was at the MGBW sale, I also picked up an octagonal, silver-leafed mirror for the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright 2012 Shubhani Sarkar