Friday, February 5, 2010

Bedside Reading

My current reading stack on my bedside table:

by Hilary Mantel

I'm a third of the way into this and find myself struggling to stay interested. The Cromwell-Henry VIII drama is compelling but the detailed description of court life is getting tedious. . . .



by Peter Reinhart

The bible that is fueling my bread-making obsession!
Tasty Boy is not complaining.




by Iliya Troyanov

I'm half-way through this and a bit disappointed. Richard Burton's personality hasn't jumped off the page as vividly as I expected it to. It will most likely make it to the 'unfinished novels shelf' on the book case.


Topaz
by Leon Uris

By coincidence, I recently picked up an old edition of Leon Uris' novel from a street vendor the same weekend that I saw Alfred Hitchcock's Topaz after years. Ripping intrigue!




Lonely Planet Greece

Preparing for a family holiday in 8 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright 2012 Shubhani Sarkar