Saturday, May 28, 2011

2011 Spring-Summer Home Refresh

I’ve been in the throes of spring-cleaning all May. I kept up with my seasonal ritual of changing throws on sofas, covers on cushions, and rotating linens—all quick and easy ways to update the look of any space.

I also made a new addition to my living room. I had a golden yellow slipper chair in the corner, in front of the window. The chair is lovely, but always seemed a tad petite for the space. So I was thrilled when I spied a darling settee 2 weeks ago on one of my sojourns to ABC Carpet & Home. It was upholstered in a neutral, grey-ish woven chenille with flecks of metallic silver, which complemented the mid-century modern upholstery of my main sofa nicely.


As luck would have it, it was the last piece in the store and I bought the sample off the floor at a discount. The yellow slipper chair has moved to the guest bedroom and the settee is now happily nestled under the window, and is a perfect finish to the conversation area in the living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright 2012 Shubhani Sarkar